- The Bitcoin Cash development team has announced that Bitcoin Cash will receive Schnorr signatures on November 15, 2019.
- Furthermore, the performance is to be increased by solving smaller bugs.
Roger Ver is the founder of Bitcoin Cash, a Bitcoin hard fork that was born last year. According to his own description, Bitcoin Cash is the true Bitcoin that Satoshi Nakamoto describes in his 2009 White Paper. Bitcoin Cash will receive a major upgrade on November 15, 2019.
Bitcoin Cash upgrade planned for mid-November
On November 15th at Block 1573819200, Bitcoin Cash will receive another upgrade and reach a milestone. Schnorr signatures are to be implemented and a further script that should facilitate the processing of data is said in the current article on Github.
Although Schnorr signatures were implemented some time ago, they could only be used with CHECKSIG and OP_CHECKDATASIG. The new update enables the support of OP_CHECKMULTISIG and the use of Schnorr signatures in all signature verification processes.
Network users were encouraged to update their node software to the latest version, version 0.20.0 or higher. If users do not comply with this request, the systems will no longer be compatible with the Bitcoin Cash network.
This update is part of the Bitcoin Cash Roadmap. All users have been provided with a test network within the last 3 months to check all changes in advance. The next upgrade is scheduled for May 15, 2020.
Bitcoin Cash price shows little movement
Currently, Bitcoin Cash has been trading sideways (-0.75%) for the last 24 hours, trading at 286.94 USD.
- Invest in Bitcoin Cash and 70+ cryptocurrencies and 3,000 other assets.
- 0% commission on stocks – buy in bulk or just a fraction from as little as $10.
- Copy top-performing traders in real time, automatically.
- Regulated by financial authorities including FAC and FINRA.
2.8 Million Users