Cryptocurrencies are currently experiencing a strong hype. But this is not the only reason why cryptocurrencies are still regularly used by internet users to make anonymous purchases. However, there are many risks associated with it. To overcome all the risks related to cryptocurrencies, all you need to do is to use a reliable VPN. But if you are still not convinced, read on to learn more about VPNs’ importance while dealing with cryptocurrencies.
Understanding the Security Risks Associated with Cryptocurrencies
First and foremost, you must understand the risks associated with cryptocurrencies. It is necessary to understand the risks to know how a VPN can be a great tool.
One of the most significant risks with cryptocurrencies is that online exchanges are incredibly vulnerable. Apart from this, here are some significant risks to take into consideration:
- Offline wallets are hackable using trojans like Pony Loader 2.0
- ICO (Initial Coin Offering) may deliver tempting deals, but many are fake
- Numerous trading exchanges are fake
- You could inadvertently compromise your cryptocurrency address
- Cryptocurrency addresses are not completely anonymous
- Cryptocurrencies are prone to phishing attacks
- Cryptojacking is a form of malware that is becoming more common these days
Why use a VPN?
Seeing how many risks come with cryptocurrencies, you will need to take extraordinary precautionary measures to stay secure and anonymous online. An effective way of making this possible is by using a reliable VPN. Once you sign up with a reliable VPN, here is how it can help:
- A VPN can encrypt your internet traffic, making it difficult for hackers to intercept your trades
- With military-grade encryption, you will not have to worry about phishing attacks
- Many VPNs come with advanced security features that protect users from viruses and malware
- When internet users connect to a VPN address, their original IP address is hidden, which in turn prevents IP tracking of any kind
As mentioned above, you will need a reliable VPN to protect yourself while dealing with cryptocurrencies. This means you will need to stay clear of free VPNs, as they mainly make money by selling your information to third parties without your consent. So, you will need to find a well-established VPN that does not keep any user logs, which will guarantee complete safety and security, regardless of what you do online.
Ivacy VPN – The Best VPN for your Money
If you are unsure where to begin or how to find the best VPN out there, you should consider Ivacy VPN. This VPN comes highly recommended because it is designed for all kinds of internet users. Whether you want to unblock and stream content, bolster your online security and privacy, defeat ISP throttling, and more, Ivacy VPN will allow you to do just that.
Ivacy VPN is not restrictive but instead gives its users complete control over their online experience. If you want to get the quickest solution to your problem, you could opt for its Smart Purpose Selection feature instead.
When it comes to Ivacy VPN, you will get the best possible online experience, and you will not have to worry about breaking your bank in the process either.
For those looking for a VPN deal for Netflix, they will be pleased to know they can get their hands on the following Ivacy VPN plans at discounted prices:
- 3-Year Plan for $69
- 1-Year Plan for $42
- 1-Month Plan for $9.95
Do keep in mind, though, this offer is only available for a limited time.
Additional Security Tips
Despite using a VPN, there are a couple of other security tips you can take into account to protect your cryptocurrency wallet, some of which are as follows:
- Do not make transactions from your smartphone
- Do not store your wallet on your smartphone
- Do not make transactions using cryptocurrency on public Wi-Fi networks unless you are using a VPN
- Use strong and different passwords for each of your wallets
- Use 2FA (Two-Factor Authentication) wherever possible
- Encrypt your wallet
- Store your primary wallet on a system that does not have access to the internet
- Change your IP address with each transaction you make using cryptocurrency, which can be made possible by using a VPN
If it is not apparent enough, using a VPN can significantly increase your security and privacy while making transactions using cryptocurrency. Even though cryptocurrencies offer great promise in terms of transparency and security, you will still need to take extra steps to protect yourself from cybercriminals.