- Charles Hoskinson, CEO of IOHK, announced the launch of new features of the Daedalus wallet (v2.2.0-ITN1) for Cardano.
- Cardano further launched a new version of Jormungandr (0.8.12) with improvements in speed, verbosity and other elements.
The CEO of Input Output Hong Kong (IOHK), Charles Hoskinson, made important announcements for the Cardano (ADA) community. The Cardano network achieved a major achievement recently. The implementation of the OBFT hard fork was completed without problems. This marks the beginning of a new phase for Cardano as it continues to move toward migrating the protocol to a Proof of Stake.
Jormungandr 0.8.12 and its benefits for Cardano
As Crypto News Flash reported yesterday, Hoskinson gave a further update on Cardano’s progress. The Daedalus wallet was updated and got a lot of new features. The new function “Fast Sync” enables the user to synchronize the blockchain much faster. Besides, Daedalus will make a transition from its legacy style to a new one. However, this update will be applied when the change of address format to bec-32 is made.
Hoskinson shared the new features of Jormungandr 0.8.12 on his Twitter account with the community. According to the document, improvements were made to the reliability, speed and verbosity of the bootstrap. Below is a list of improvements brought by the update:
- Improve the speed of loading from storage and the general streaming from storage
- Netboot is now a bit more comfortly verbose, adding some location and speed
- Fix peer bootstrap to timeout properly when the peer doesn’t play ball
- Improve memory bound of the pending/approved fragments
- Cleaning more code by using latest dependencies, std futures, and newer async dependencies
- Enclave now detect having duplicated leaders loaded and creating blocks competitively
Jormungandr 0.8.12 is out https://t.co/dvUz5FQAZW
— Charles Hoskinson (@IOHK_Charles) February 25, 2020
Hoskinson also revealed that a PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) workshop will be held in early March. Important representatives of Emurgo and Cardano executives, including Hoskinson, will attend the event. The workshop will aim to evaluate a marketing strategy for Cardano. The price of ADA trades at $0.051, at the time of publication, and has followed the general market sentiment showing losses of 8.66% in the last 24 hours.